Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pitfalls of E-commerce

While I thought I was keeping up with my blog from time to time, I have not! My blogs have been all over the place, but will now be posted to this blog only. Somehow in this crazy world I have been crossed up with another blogger who is also a “Polka Dot Monkey”.  She also has unique items for children. It looks like we both started up about the same time frame. I however , purchased  www.polkadotmonkeys.com and www.thepolkadotmonkeys.com ,  6 months prior to opening my shop and plan on keeping them up! After hours spent trying to resolve this situation, I have now cornered another blog polkadotmonkey.blogspot and thepolkadotmonkey.wordpress. While this will be the main blog, I am going to feed the others to try and keep the confusion down.
This is just one of the many pitfalls of being an online store. With people being able to have shops on blogs without registering a domain, your .com can be in jeopardy. You are not just a shop in your hometown, but one of the millions online in all the hometowns. This is the number one reason to give a face to your store, a connection, so there is no confusion about who your customers are dealing with. The role of social media is forever changing and an integral part of our everyday lives. Social networks like Facebook, Tweeter, My Space, LinkedIn, Friendster, Hi5, Bebo, Orkurt and Ning, just to name a few,  allow anyone, anywhere to be whatever or whoever they want. This is why it is so important to join other networks so your customers and readers know you are who you claim to be and trust you. Having your customer's trust key in having a successful shop online.

No comments :

Post a Comment