Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Selecting Vendors & Persistence

Sincerely, I have been so very blessed when it comes to choosing vendors. When I started up, there were quite a few vendors I wanted to do business with that did not deal with "trunk shows". I started out with trunk shows, in case you did not know, and they were all saying "no"!  My persistence paid off! I was allowed to travel with PSA essentials and mint(r). These were both "big market" vendors. I now carry lines that I could not of imagined when I first started out.
I really have a hard time being told no, I guess. I really do not see the resistance in trying to get the name out there if you are a worthy company representing these companies. My confidence has led me to keep asking new vendors if I can carry their goods and because of my persistence, I now have Clairebella, Lake House, Jane Basch, Emily & Ashley, just to name a few! I have come a long way in two years I feel. Now that I have the vendors, I want to sell and I need to move forward quickly on promoting The Polka Dot Monkeys. Now you will join me trying to find my way in this dog eat dog world of "promotion".....hang on! I have never been one to not try something and if I cannot master it on my own, I know how to ask for help!

No comments :

Post a Comment